What's New at www.orchidphotos.org - Nov '06

Hi everyone,

Here's a brief update on what's new at

I took my first trip down to Santa Barabara a few weekends ago. Spent two days visiting Cal-Orchid and Santa Barbara Orchid Estate. Highlights include Cyrtorchis chailluana from Cal-Orchid and Oncidium cariniferum from SBOE. Thanks to Bruce D. from the Santa Clara Valley Orchid Society for doing all the driving!

Next we have the November meeting of the San Francisco Orchid Society. SFOS is well-known as a place to see interesting species. Highlights include a really cute Bulbophyllum dhaninivatii, two classic large-flowered Cattleyas - C. trianae and C. warscewiczii, an unusual Sobralia - Sobralia crocea, and an infrequently seen Oncidium alliance species - Oliveriana brevilabia.

Finally, a visit to Tom Perlite's greenhouses is always inspiring. Highlights include Bulbophyllum odoratum, Coelogyne barbata, Masdevallia macrura, a really spectacular dark burgundy form of Rhynchostylis gigantea, and a gaggle of highly colorful Masdevallia hybrids.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Eric in SF

Eric Hunt

At the Nov SF meeting, the picture of the little Chondrorhyncha: What are the two things that curl back? nectaries? K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett