Texas?

Good grief, it looks bad. Shout out to any of our peeps in the path of Ike. Florida has had its share, but in our particular area it is unlikely - read, improbable - that we could ever see anything like Galveston is about to experience.

Hurricanes or no, we feel fortunate to be where we are. Wendy, "cross thumbs" for Texas.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

We don't normally have the boob tube on during the day, but it's on today. That sky scraper in Houston - wow. All the windows, gone. Do you know it, Ray? No pictures of Galveston yet.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

There are lots of towers on Houston. I have not seen enough to know which it is.

Besides, my friends down there don't live in them...

Reply to
Ray B

I should have been more specific. It was the JP Morgan Chase building. Of course, others were impacted as well.

As the photos continue to appear, I feel as if we were whining here in FL in '04 after Frances, etc. No power and some buildings damaged. Wowee. Compared to what has happened in TX, it was a piece of cake. It looks like Galveston is basically destroyed.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga