question about water

I read in our paper today that you should not water orchids from the tap if you have a water softener. Have others found this to be true? Thanks in advance. Gail

Reply to
Gail

Absolutely. You might as well use sea water. Even the Potassium Chloride softeners are touchy (we tried that before we went to RO). Kenni

Reply to
Kenni Judd

Gail,

You might check to see if your kitchen cold water faucet is softened. Frequently this is not the case.

Reply to
Bob Walsh

i also read somewhere that sometimes the outside spigots bypass the water softener unit....

--j_a

Reply to
jankey

Reply to
Gail

Gail,

It may or may not have been the cause.

What kind of Orchids did you lose and do you still have?

How do you determine when to water them?

Do you fertilize them? How much? With what? How often?

Reply to
Bob Walsh