Duck - Here comes Round 2

Denver is set for another major winter storm. We expect another foot plus of snow. Two major storms within 7 days is almost unprecedented. We are still trying to shovel out from the last one. Pot holes now mean bare pavement where the ice has worn off the street; not a hole in the pavement.

In the 30 plus years we have lived here the Neighborhood once paid to have a contractor plow and the city did it once last week. We have some idiot neighbors that are throwing the shoveled snow into the street. They don't get that this is not a normal 2 day melt out. Our normal snows are like a September 2" shower in the Midwest -- gone in

2 days except for the shadows on the north side of buildings. This is deja-vu of Chicago winters I thought we had left behind.

Good luck in 2 days in St Louis... Although they say this one is going to stall here - part of the reason we will get so much. Then the second day we get more snow with 20 - 50 mile an hour winds to help distribute it appropriately. <Grin> The tallest drifts across the widest part of the drive and against front doors.

SuE

Susan Erickson

Susan,

How 'bout some pictures on ABPO. We're wondering what the white stuff looks like. John must have some neat ones.

Bob St. Paul, MN Expecting rain and 40's today, Friday, Saturday, chance of white on Sunday

Reply to
Bob Walsh

I tried last time to get him out with the camera and he would not go. I will try again. Daughter in North Denver says she has 1 inch. We have rain/snow mix right now <skateing rink here we come>. On the other hand each drop of rain would have made how many snow flakes. As long as it stays warmer we are better off in the long run. Eventually this all has to go.

I just want my Christmas Eve dinner before the kids have to fly east to go back to work. SuE

Susan Erickson