ascada question

The earlier vanda question prompts me to ask this. My ascada "Fiftieth State Beauty" has developed a side stalk off of the main. Would have thought it was a keiki, but no roots so can't see how I could separate it. Is this normal behavior? Don't know if I really know anything about orchids, but having loads of fun exploring and hopefully learning. Thanks.

Reply to
eeyore

Happy to know I'm doing the right thing. Now if someone could tell me where to stash my next set of orchids in this tiny living room. Glad it is summer so I can make use of the balcony. Thanks all for your help and have a good day!

Reply to
eeyore

This might fit on a balcony:

K Barrett