Subject Author Posted Replies

Harbor Freight coupons conditions stricter
Nope. I received exactly one of the free flashlights, as per the conditions listed on the coupon, which state "Limit one per customer." Jon
12
12

Better low-flush toilets
Having just replaced a toilet for a friend yesterday, just wanted to plop in my observations here for those who might be looking to do the same. The toilet being replaced was a low-flush one, not very...
29
29

Question about toilet tank leak
This toilet has been dry and out of use for several months and is about two years old. After reconnecting it with a new seal and the cold water line tight with no leaks, it leaks like a gushing river...
8
8

Too Many Ice Melt Products!
Which one should I use for this application? 50+ year old concrete stoop with brick border on steps, slightly deteriorated. 50+ year old concrete walkway with 1/2" stone aggregate, slightly...
25
25

Insulation between garage and living space above
I've been working on my garage project and I'm about to the point of installing insulation on the garage ceiling. The joists between the living space above and the garage are 22" inches tall and...
18
18

House Fire
No loss? What about the contents? Harry K
44
44

Kudos to the French justice system
When was the last time anyone investigated an airplane accident all the way down to the mechanic and held him responsible. Kudos to the French justice system. We here in the U.S. need to get back to...
6
6

Add a motion detector to existing porch lights
I replaced my flood lights, so I bought new ones with built in motion detectors. They are "smart" enough to work with only a hot and neutral. They work because you leave the switch on all the time....
5
5

Do you think this is just a coincidence?
There is a seven unit condominium apartment building in Southern California. The apartment building was re-roofed. To re-roof the building the HVAC package units over the roof were disconnected and...
3
3

OT Exercising indoors at our Wal Mart Super Center
I decided early this year that exercising in the cold was not going to happen. So I have been walking the isles at Walmart. I don't know if it's because I don't have a cart or maybe because I am...
15
15

Post Reno Cleanup Moaning
The house is full of dust, even inside cabinets and closets. Sawdust and drywall compound I would guess. I've had post-reno messes before, but they generally cleaned up ok. Don't know what was...
12
12

Keypad deadbolt locks info
Can anyone provided feedback on the keypad deadbolt locks for a home. What brand name is better? What names to avoid. Will they working in the winter? Thanks Dave
16
16

Toilet tide?
I call it toilet tide, but what is it when the level in the toilet drops an inch or so? It is the atmospheric pressure, wind blowing across the vent tube creating a little more vacuum, clogged vent,...
13
13

Congress may flip switch on CFLs
"While we must continue to work to improve energy efficiency and reduce our energy consumption, the misguided ban on incandescent light bulbs needs to be repealed..." Not only that, but some in...
24
24

tool to toilet water inlet pipe nipple
Hi All, I am calling that round compression ring thing that goes over your toilet's inlet water pipe (1/2" copper?) a nipple. If I am wrong, please correct me. Question, how do I get the nipple off...
5
5