Zillow Blog

If I had found a home with good bones, good loc. and a lot of ugly wallpaper at a bargain price, I would have grabbed it, inspired at the chance to save "thousands". That rarely happens, and people with horrible taste do not recognize that trait in themselves when they sell:o) Since everyone seems to shop at Menards and Lowes, the decor can be uniformly boring....and I can hardly stand to look at overstuffed sectional sofas...yech! This locale, for many, many years, has largely ignored building codes and it shows. There are hundreds of older homes with tacked on lean-to additions, s--- remodeling, carved up lots, abandoned structures. Not a slum town by a long shot, but we've lived here a long time and have seen a lot. We had the good fortune to buy in a subdivision with sensible deed restrictions and stable families. We love it.

Reply to
Norminn

Mine wasn't old, just was applied to unpainted drywall. It was an unholy mess to get off, then patch. Painting over the mess was a disaster, too. I fought with that bathroom for a year.

Reply to
krw