You fixed what with a what?

Some of these are amusing.

Al Bundy

My favorite is the automotive radiator for radiant heat.

Reply to
Mikepier

Gee, I feel a little better about my home improvement skills!

Jo Ann

Mikepier wrote:

Reply to
jah213

it amazes me that more homes dont have electrical fires...........

Reply to
hallerb

And I always thought it would be fun to hook up a domestic cast iron radiator in an old car- winter beater.

Reply to
Sev

That one is actually not that bad an idea. I know a guy who did this with an array of solar collectors in his garage. If you put a garden variety $20 "box" fan behind this it will pump out plenty of BTUs. It kept us warm working on cars or harleys if it was a sunny day, even in winter.

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You've seen every episode of McGuyver haven't you? :-)

Reply to
Al Bundy

I'd laugh at them EXCEPT many years ago I put a new outlet in an old bathroom....when my wife plugged in the vaccuum, the switch on the Vaccuum turned the bathroom light on and off....I recovered and have done a lot of (good and safe) electrical work since then.

Reply to
jtees4

By the late 70s solar collectors were showing up in the trash as people's roofs got replaced from the leaks. We thought they should be used for something. I still have 3 in my shed. This was cobbled up from junk we had in the shop.

Reply to
gfretwell

Light switch in the shower, now that's scary!

Reply to
jerry_maple

Knew some country folks who heated the house with a woodstove in the shed. Ran a water line under the ground, and used a radiator and fan in the kitchen. I can't remember what they used for a circulator, but he said he had a loop of copper in the firebox of the woodstove. Musta worked.

I guess out in the shed he could burn crankcase oil and she didn't mind as much.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you mount the radiator above the heat source it will thermal siphon and you don't need a piump.

Reply to
gfretwell