Would adding sprinkler on zone decrease pressure?

Last week I posted a topic on getting the right sprinkler heads for my arborvitae plants. I planted 7 along the fence ( total length from end to end is 22') At each end is the existing sprinkler heads. I purchased

2 Toro end strip nozzles. They look like this:
After firing up my sprinklers I noticed the 2 arborvitae at the ends were not getting water,even after adjusting the sprinklers. One solutuion was to add a sprinkler head in the middle and use a center strip nozzle like this:
That would cover the entire 7 plants, including the ones at the ends. My question is would adding an additional sprinkler reduce pressure on this zone enough to affect the other heads that water my lawn. It is fed by 3/4 inch supply.
Reply to
Mikepier

Yes, of course it will reduce the pressure to other heads in the same zone. However, unless all the lawn heads had been completely 'open', you should be okay. You may have to adjust the lawn sprinkler heads after the change.

That being said, if I had 7 plants I wanted to water along a strip, I don't think I'd do it with spray heads. I'd either use drip or bubblers, myself, depending on how much water was needed.

Reply to
Joe S

You need to know the volume of water available to the zone, which is a function of the size of all the supply lines, including the line from the main to your house, and pressure (which of course can be reduced if something else in the house is using water, such as a shower or flushed toilet. There is a poor man's way of calculating this that involves timing how long it takes a wide open faucet to fill a bucket of known volume. I think the manufacturers' sites explain this.

Once you know the volume, you can calculate how many heads to put in the zone. If you add more heads, or substitute larger heads, its likely that at least some of them won't work, just as its likely that some won't work while someone is taking a shower, or the toilet is refilling.

The prior resp> Last week I posted a topic on getting the right sprinkler heads for my

Reply to
William Brown

Thanks for the inputs. I solved the problem by using the Toro 90 degree nozzles (covers 1/4 circle) on each end and it covers the entire area so now I don't have to add another sprinkler.

Reply to
Mikepier