Problem with Sprinkler zone (need help)

folks:

am having a problem with one zone (of the two) in my backyard. The pressure in the bad zone is bad. turning on this zone either through the timer or the bleed valve results in the same low pressure.

the other zone in the back yard is OK. so the pipes must be OK.

this zone has 5-6 sprinklers: so i removed all the heads one by one, and then turned on the zone, and then turned it off to remove any obstruction in the pipe. this did not help.

i then kept all the heads on, and turned on the zone for about 30min. to see if there was any leaks. to the best of my knowledge, i did not see any localized flooding.

so i am lost. one of the websites now says check diaphram/solenoid/etc. etc. based on what i've mentioned, can i eliminate the underground pipes/sprinkler heads?

i checked the repair kits at the local hardware store. a diaphram/solenoid each goes for $7.00, while a sprinkler valve cost $13.00. would you suggest just replacing the valve?

tia =b

Reply to
Bharat P. Baliga-Savel

Question, did you ever have proper presure in the zone? Or in other waords, was it designed properly? Depending on the type of heads and the available flow, you could be trying to feed too many heads. So if it used to work, then the number of heads is not the main problem.

I would take the valve apart (in place) and check for sand in the diaphram (this happend to me before I installed a sand separator for my well).

Also, most sprinklers have some built in filter that can trap deposits that may limit the flow, so they can be checked...

For impluse spr> folks:

Reply to
Tony