WORX Brand ?

Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the usual name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ? Who are they ? Equiv. to ???

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Bob

Amazon reviewers like them...

bob_villain

A relatively new (mid-90s?) Chinese startup that's become a supplier to the big box stores...

About all the same ilk as the rest of the class...

Reply to
dpb

It happens that Bob formulated :

More advertizement like TV and spam email and infomercials got the name brand out there so that and inexpensive pricing made "WORX" a success. The tools are comparable with Black and Decker in just about every way.

Reply to
Eagle

"Bob" <

I don't know about WORX brand but a few months ago I needed some new sheet metal shears. The store had a rack full of them and they were all made in china, even the name brand ones. Except for the brand down in the lower left corner of the rack, almost out of sight. They were, get this, made in Sturgis Michigan! Yup. Mid West Tools made in USA! I immediately bought a left right and center snips. Same price and just as good. This spring I wanted a new battery for my Harley. I wanted a YUASA YHD-12 part no. m22h12. No one in the parts stores had it. Went to a shop dealing with recreational vehicles and they could get one. Ok, when it came in it was an Interstate battery. Problem. Guy says the battery dealer says it is a better deal. Yah, right. It was made in vietnam! The yuasa is made in Reading Pa. The battery dealer said it was a better deal. Sure, for him, the profit margin was bigger. I refused it and they got the right one and the price was the same. When I say I want USA I mean it...!!

Reply to
Phil Kangas

What golden oldie do you have? A few years ago I needed a battery and went to the Harley dealer. They said they would have to order it. Considering the 20 series batteries are used in Sportsters and many Dynas I figured they had finally become strictly a boutique. I bought one from O'Reilly's that lasted several years.

This time around, straight to Amazon. The Yuasa was sitting on my deck in two days, ready to be filled and charged.

Reply to
rbowman

I've been buying DEKA batrteries for my bikes . Made in USA "with USA and imported materials" . Got a 14L sitting right here for the '09 Sporty trike we just got for the wife .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I have a '70 FLH Electra Glide with an S&S 84" stroker motor. Tranny redone with Andrews gears and shafts. SuperTrapp exhaust. Phil k.

A few years ago I needed a battery and

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Wow! You've never seen the dozens of infomercials on TV??????????

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Some of us have better things to do than stay glued to the BoobTube ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Worx brand Yuasa? Neat, how did that work for you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A 12 gets it done? My impression was the number was roughly the amp-hours. Of course, a '70 FLH didn't come with the home entertainment systems and mood lighting :)

I had a '55 FLH when I was a kid. That didn't come with much of anything, including a working suspension. Wish I still had it though with all its little idiosyncrasies. At least I would have the money to do it right now instead of jury rigging everything.

Reply to
rbowman

My first bike was a '52 FL, well worn out and beaten. Made a chopper out of it and that was fun! Next bike was a '73 amf FL that was a rattletrap but put on lots of miles on it. Then in the mid '80s I found this '70 FL, rebuilt it and it is a much better bike than that '73 ever was... ;>)}

Reply to
Phil Kangas

I skipped the AMF years. At least AMF did buy a lot of shiny new CNC machinery even if they didn't have a clue what to do with it. I always figured I'd grow into a bagger someday but at the rate I'm going I don't think I'm going to make it.

Reply to
rbowman

It doesn't have anything to do with being 'glued' to the TV. Those infomercials are on any time of the day and a person doesn't have to be 'glued' nor search for them.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

It's easier than you think ... I had an '88 Sporty totalled under me , moved to a '76 FLH - all original including the hand shift . That one also got totalled (Memphis drivers ...) which is how I ended up on a '90 Ultra . BTW , any AMF bike that's still around has had all the bugs worked out by now ... Gotta get busy on the Popcycle , a '39 WL one of these days , got most all the parts just need to paint , fit and assemble it all .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I've solved that problem. My television is actually the output of the DVD player although I sometimes watch Austin City Limits on PBS.

Reply to
rbowman

Requires motivation. I bought my entry level Sporty in '97 and I haven't worn it out yet although it could use a few goodies from Nallin Racing.

The 900 pounds sort of puts me off. The Sporty, DR650, and V-Strom are all under 500 and get the job done.

Reply to
rbowman

Funny how I've never seen one or even heard of Worx brand tools ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Turn on your TV at least once a week and you'll see the infomercial at any time of the day. This is assuming your programming contains more than ABC, CBS, or NBC.

The Worx brand has been around, that I know of, for at least 10 years or thereabouts. The first thing I remember them advertising was there cordless trimmer.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann