Worms invaded my house... Help!

Some kind of worm has invaded my house. They are small (about 1cm) and white. (see pictures) They are all over the ground floor of the house. Can anyone identify them? Are the harmful? Why would they suddenly be everywhere? I hadn't seen them before today, now there's a ton of them.

How can I get rid of them? I live in Dallas, Texas.

Pictures:

Thanks,

JM

Reply to
Jeff McAhren

That's a maggot isn't it? Did you have garbage lying around anywhere? I'd call an exterminator.

JennP.

Reply to
newfy.1

Looks like a maggot. Smell anything funny?

Take several to your local vet or County Agricultural Agent.

Reply to
JerryMouse

Wow, you are right, that's exactly what it is. We had a trash "issue", it's corrected now. Didn't smell though...(?)

How long till they go away?

Reply to
Jeff McAhren

How long ago was this trash "issue" resolved? These maggots are being found on the *entire* first floor of your house? That sounds pretty widespread. Not sure how long the life cycle of the fly is, but if you don't get rid of them there are going to be alot of flies in your home very soon. I'd still at least call an exterminator to find out what to do.

JennP.

Reply to
newfy.1

Just toss everything out. It's the law. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

AAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of the earwig episode from what, Night Gallery? or Twilight Zone???

Howard

Reply to
Howard Moss