Woodpeckers.. help?

Anyone have any practical ideas for how to keep woodpeckers from destroying a tree in my front yard? It's an acorn tree (dont laugh, I forget what they're called), and I've noticed the holes for a couple years now and suspected it was woodpeckers.. today I actually saw some. Any advice appreciated.. thank you

Reply to
lucy

Paul Furman

Hang up some AOL CD's. That seems to piss them off.

Most pe>Anyone have any practical ideas for how to keep woodpeckers from destroying

Reply to
davefr

Actually, that woodpecker is probably doing less damage to your tree than are the bugs inside he's pecking for.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

the woodpeckers are looking for bugs under the bark.. check with your county agent to find out what you can spray on the tree to kill the bugs so the woodpeckers will stay away...... i had them on a bush(which is now the size of a tree) about 10 yrs. ago.. first time i had ever seen one in action... more dots on a line all around the tree branches, very prcise formation of holes.... they just quit coming???? dont know why we did not spray anyting, maybe the bugs quit coming for the tree????

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Paul Furman

Put me on the "any advice appreciated" list also. They keep attacking my house (cedar shake shingle siding over brick) and there are no bugs, this house is sprayed around the foundation and on the siding 3 - 4 times a year and has an oil based stain applied every 4 or 5 years and he just keeps coming back. I've even caught him off guard and hosed him down with a pressurized water can (fire fighters will know what that is) and it knocks the little @%$# loop legged. Luckily I can repair the damage with plastic wood and comb it to sort of match the grooved shingles. RM~

.
Reply to
Rob Mills

Speaking of woodpeckers...

indago

Ha-Ha Ha Ha-Ha Ha-Ha Ha Ha-Ha Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha

Reply to
Woody

hahahahaha hahahahaha hehehehehe

Reply to