Grout won't stay in..... Caulk?

This shower was renovated one year ago, and now I can't track down the contractor. The grout between the floor and wall keeps coming out only on one wall in the shower. I have regrouted it twice.

I suspect that this joint should have been caulked to allow expansion/contraction. Is this correct? If so, any special caulk? I couldn't find anything that matches the color at my local HD or Lowes. The contractor used caulk where the shower walls meet.

Any other tips appreciated!

Two pictures:

Jeff McAhren

Yes it should be caulk to allow movement. You could use clear stuff. Also, where they sell shower units and doors they sell those preformed plastic strips. Maybe those would work and look good.

Lowes. The

Reply to
Art Begun

Long hot showers heat the material, expansions happen.

Damn, I think that grout should have been replaced with colored silicone long ago.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Your correct. it should have been caulked. The big box stores carry some colored caulk in the tile section. Any decent tile supply house will have a full line of colors to match your grout. Lou

Reply to
Lou W

Some caulk can take paint. My father in law used to paint grout and it held up better than unpainted grout. I imagine painted caulk would do fine too.

caulk? I

Reply to
Art Begun

Reply to
Paul Furman

Use masking tape if you want a neat job.

Reply to
William W. Plummer