Wood Stove

I just bought a house and I now have wood stove. There is a electric fan that will push the hot air if connected.

My question: the way it works it takes the hot air on top of the stove (a one inches opening all along the back) and push it under the stove through a canal.

Anyone with fan that works like just like that?

In my opinion it should take the cold air on the bottom and push it on top of the stove where it will be heated coming out of that opening.

Went to HomeDepot where a salesman confirmed that the flow should be from bottom to top.

I must be wrong since I took the ventilator apart from the stove and there is no way one can reverse the flow of air. For a moment I thought that the unit was installed in the wrong way.

Comments appreciated.

Den

Reply to
denis

70's

No, I thought that too, but its the hot air across the cold ass floor, it really makes a difference. My floor is concrete!!

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thanks