wood floors

I don't have any personal experience, but if you say so. ;-) Stacy What's-her-name London) on What Not to Wear keeps saying that if they're fit right they feel fine.

Evidence?

Hell, I take my shoes off when I'm at my desk. ...and they're walking shoes.

I think women look nice in heels but other than that have no skin in the game. Full disclosure, SWMBO doesn't wear spikes. Never has, to my knowledge (and we've been married 40 years, if that means anything ;-).

Reply to
krw

The secret to a good wiggle is to walk Indian style, placing each foot on an imaginary straight line one ahead of the other as she walks. Learned that from a runway model when I used to do portfolio work for them.

Just watched "Some Like It Hot" the other night. That MM sure had "IT" with capital letters.

Heard of a lease that specifically prohibited the occupants from wearing spike heels.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

hehe.

That'll work.

Only problem I had with grease was when he smudged up the bathroom sink and shower. Don't know how he managed to miss everything else. After a couple times I laid down the law. Already had plenty of GoJo and rags in the garage, Made him recaulk the entire tub/shower too, so it was win-win. Then I bought him a couple pairs of good coveralls. A couple sizes too large so you can drop them and step out of them easy. He's good now. Almost. A few days ago he came in from doing some brake work. Clean hands and freshly laundered coveralls. When he left I saw the dark chair he sat on was all tan with Oil-Dri dust. Must have sat on the garage floor.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

That is exactly what I was wondering as I read the original post. My first thought was that engineered floors might be more susceptible; but when I think about it I'm not so sure. Our floors are 3/4" natural oak and after nearly 2-1/2 years they have picked up a few dings (AKA real-life patina :^} ). However, most have been caused by some kind of impact such as a Pizza Stone falling from about

6' (didn't do the stone any good either). We also put a little dent in during the moving process. No heels yet and I don't plan to test.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

But they look great and its nice to know a woman is willing to be uncomfortable for men:)

If it were up to me pants and flat shoes would be illegal on women.

A gal in stilletoes wobbles so nice when walking, but yes I do feel bad for them.........

Reply to
bob haller

Hi we are a company that operates in Saudi Arabia too bad we are in different district other wise we could help you by propos ing a solution from Chemical company called Chimiver. it will revive the parquet & reduce the effect that the scratches leave on your wooden flooring. visit our website where the kink is there & maybe you can find the product at your country.

sales

a solution from Chemical company called Chimiver.

wooden flooring.

your country.

Reply to
micky

a solution from Chemical company called Chimiver.

your wooden flooring.

your country.

Similar happened to my wood parquet floor. It appeared that the woman had lost the rubber soles on her high heels leaving only the heads of the nails exposed. This happened about 10 years ago and the dents are still there.

Reply to
willshak

I keep a bathroom scale by the door. If they weigh over 120 and wearing heels, they don't get in.

Reply to
Fred

Professionals 'steam' dents out. They did that to our grand piano top and got pretty close to flat again. [I couldn't watch, so can't share their technique.]

Reply to
Robert Macy

Professional method to wood floor sanding London with advance and unique service provider that's name Fix Flooring which is helping to archive multiple Flooring like

Floor sanding services Laminate Flooring Installation Engineered wood floor install Choice of laminates Floor sanding services Laminate Flooring Installation Wood floor restorations Gap Filling Wood Floor varnishing Wood Floor staining Parquet flooring Floor sanding

Visit for more info :

fixflooring1

Perhaps you wish to provide an in person technician for a free estimate in western NY, USA? We can have tea and strumpets.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon