wood fence posts

It turns out one of my round wood fence posts is broken, right at ground level, as if a car ran into it, but there are only people on foot and an occasional push gas lawn mower that go by.

In short, though Lowes had them in the store 5 years ago or so, now one can't even order them from them or HD, and for a while I thought I might not be able to find them. . But I did find them at Southern States and Tractor Supply Corp. Both of them farmer supply stores.

Do you think I should buy 1 or 2 extra? They're only 8 or 10 dollars but they are heavy and big (8 feet) and they'll use up space in the basement.

Or will farmers not stop using round wood fence posts in the next 33 years, like it seems suburban and city homeowners have?

Reply to
micky