Wood fence post problem

I don't know if it's a matter of "choose" or of "mix".

When I used to use epoxy on a fairly regular basis, I'd buy the cans of liquid and then various containers of fillers. I'd add the proper filler based on the specific use.

Just be careful about what you mix your epoxy in:

..snip...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

In deference to Toby Keith, it is hard to beat a red solo cup for mixing epoxy. They also come in "bathroom" size to mix small batches. I get popcicle sticks at the dollar store for mixers. You can get little ones or the regular popcicle size. For bigger jobs, use tongue depressors.

Reply to
gfretwell

Anything like that seems to me a pure waste of time and particularly w/ an epoxy $$. If the post is already rotted to such a degree (and seems pretty clear to me must be if was set in concrete), it'll just go ahead and finish rotting inside the new shell like it has already.

Reply to
dpb

We used to cut 64 oz juice and laundry detergent bottles right below the handle for mixing large batches, especially when using filler. The wide opening made folding in the filler very easy.

The small resin rollers fit in them as well, not that we had a lot of time to sit around resting our rollers. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

+5
Reply to