Wood Eating Caterpillar?

I'm re-roofing a shed and have it torn down to the trusses. There's insect (termite?) damage to wood here and there, which is normal for anything in my yard (termites are eating the bushes around the house). I whacked a damaged piece of wood with a hammer and a bunch of millipede looking caterpillars crawled out! What are they?!

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light