Wood burning pollutin

What kind of liberal would want people to bring home their own energy source, and take care of themselves? Be very careful. You are sounding like a conservative.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah, but most of our senators are too old to reproduce. We have a deficit multiplying program, though. Can you burn deficits instead?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Watch for emissions standards from EPA within a year or so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Edwin, you have just proven that you are a leprauchan, and wear green underwear and bells on your hat. Same logic.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No doubt a woodburning stove is far more effecient than a fireplace and probably produces a lot less smoke. If my chimney is smoking a lot then the fire needs to be poked at and the wood moved around so it doesn't smoke so much.

My personal opinion is that we should be finding better ways to use the renewable resources that we have. If smoke is the problem then maybe we should blame the design and not the fuel. Someone mentioned woodfired water heaters--one type works well and the other doesn't.

Reply to
Ulysses

The outside ones aren't even legal in Washington state.

Reply to
Bob F

The calculations are incomplete and therefore bias.

************************************************************************ This was a simple synopsis in a sidebar to a newspaper article, How do you know they are incomplete?

Your calculations are incomplete also. You say the wood would decompose naturally over the years, but you failed to consider the replanting and thus the more wood made available in a 10 or 20 or 50 year cycle as opposed to letting nature take care of the forests. Not everyone uses tops. .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you let them rot you are allowing methane to be released into the atmosphere from termite farts as they eat the decomposing wood. Methane is a much worse greenhouse gas than CO2, which is the byproduct of burning the wood.

KC

Reply to
KC

If you let them rot you are allowing methane to be released into the atmosphere from termite farts as they eat the decomposing wood. Methane is a much worse greenhouse gas than CO2, which is the byproduct of burning the wood.

KC

reply:

KC, I see you haven't read or listened to AlGore. If he had his way, he'd outlaw all CO2, but in the order that his obsolete CO2 belching Gulfstream would be the last thing outlawed. He needs to get to those $100,000 lectures, don't you know?

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

Couldn't we just burn senators?