Cleaning garage floor, what do I use?

The subject line pretty much says it all. What have you had good luck with?

TIA

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Air compressor.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you're talking about trying to get oil drips, etc. up, I have used a little pool acid and a wire brush on a long handle (you really don't want to breathe the fumes too much). Followed by flushing things out well with a hose.

Does get the oil up, but also etches the finish a bit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Tell your wife to back off. Real men have dirty, oil-stained garage floors...

Reply to
Charlie Darwin

TIA

Hank

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Broom

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Assuming your Yugo leaks like all of them do, then a strong solution of TSP or it's equivalent ought to do it. The Sears epoxy kit I got for my garage floor had a cleaner packet with it that was labeled to indicate TSP content. It did indeed work like a charm. Many months later the paint is still stuck to floor perfectly. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I agree..Just sweep it out once in a while...Garages are/were supposed to be for working and parking your car...Not a finished room like some you see nowadays...Guess I'm just not a Metrosexual....

Reply to
benick

Why would you want to do that.

Reply to
ransley

Usually a broom. When I'm feeling lazy I'll use a leaf blower.

Reply to
Phisherman

Cat litter soaks up oil nicely.

Reply to
norminn

Hell, I am going to get her to clean it!

I guess that I should have been more specific. It is really a 30x40 shop. I wipe up any oil/gas/fluid spills, so that isn't a big problem. Since I do small engine repair mostly, I have skid marks from bikes that did burn outs, rust marks from where a snow blower sat, and other unknown marks. I also sweep it often.

Any more ideas?

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Skid marks will probably need a rotary floor buffer with a corse plastic type sanding pad you can rent at HD or another place, just a guess.

Reply to
ransley

snow

Reply to
Matt

Why? I declared one garage *off-limits*. She tells me; "I'll help."

Reply to
Oren