Wiring to parking brake

The parking brake on my old rusty Ford F250 pickup truck quit working and the truck rolled down my driveway and took out my garage door, and flattened the tail on the neighbors cat. I was really pissed. So was the cat. I called my uncle who was a mechanic in the 60's. He's kind of senile these days and has alzheimers. Yet there are days he still knows exactly how to fix any car or truck. He said "the the the the the brake brake probably has has bad wiring or wires or wiring and it is not not getting enough juice" Then he said "check check check in the rear the rear of the cycle but do the repair in the front near the brakes, in the front near the brakes, and be sure the brake lines lines lines are wired and wired".

He was right, I found two wires hanging under there. One is red the other is black. I took off the tires and connected the red wire to the left brake line and the black to the right line. Then I put the tires back on the truck but I reversed them, putting the right tire on the left and left on right. When I started the truck there was a big flash and smoke came pouring out from under the truck. Then this clear oily water stuff came out from the left brake line and when I checked the wires the red one turned black. I'm confused. I thought maybe I reversed the black and red wire but now that they are both black, what should I do? And what about this water stuff leaking from the brake line? do I need to duck tape it, or just not worry about it? Is the juice my uncle was talking about?

If this isn't bad enough, now the truck wont start and none of the lights or radio or horn or nothing works. What did I do wrong? Did this all happen because I reversed the tires? By the way, what are brake lines?

Reply to
mywifeisblonde

This gets my brain's "Troll-O-Meter" going!

Don Klipstein

Cool.

Reply to
do_see

man, you are really funny. that was hilarious. you should be a stand up comedian. you are really just so funny. really. you are. really. keep sharing.

Reply to
mike_0_007