Winterizing a lawn tractor

would that be "old" wives' tale? :)

I've never even heard of this one, but if it somehow related to older cells, it surely isn't anything related to current batteries...

--

Reply to
dpb

I've stored my John Deer outside in a shed for 8 years so far and for seven of those before the battery died it turned over fine next spring. Also it wasn't a real easy starter after sitting over the winter. Usually had to crank it at least 15 or 20 seconds. I won't disagree that a trickle charger is a good thing to use, I have one on my Harley. But for me it just wasn't needed.

Reply to
Meat Plow

While, yes, it started out as old. The tale lives on and on.... even amongst modern, seemingly otherwise educated people

Steve Barker