Window repair

We live in a mobile home and have fairly nice windows. They tip in for easy cleaning. In the past year I have several that slide down from the top. Not far but far enought to lose heat. I cannot lock them shut, the little clips are broken. We have 2 that will not open properly. They weight a ton when you try and need a stick to keep them open. My husband and I are retired and on a fixed income. Are there books we could look at to see how to fix these problems? Thanks to all who choose to reply.

Reply to
Betsy

Drive a stainless steel sheet metal screw into the frame under the window to hold it up. Let it protrude about 1/2". Ought to work OK and easily removable when you need to. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

It wouldn't be safe in an emergency unless you can push the window out.

Reply to
John Harlow