Window Air Conditioner

A neighbor installed a window A/C

It's tilting quite a bit out the window.

I suggested he level it for better operation.

He claims it shouldnt make any difference.

????

Reply to
Anonymous

Yes, it will make a difference. The AC has a drain pan that catches the condensate. The water is picked up by the slinger ring condenser fan and is slung onto the coil giving it a bit more cooling. No drips, better cooling. Make it level.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ed, according to the Friedrich manual that came with my in-wall AC, they are very specific that the unit should be mounted with a half-bubble lean toward the outside to prevent overfilling of the pan, and still have slinging action. They specifically say that mounting it level can result in water leaking back into the house.

Reply to
Abe

I don't think a half bubble will make a difference on any brand, but that is hardly visible.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You're right about the lean being almost invisible. It's really not detectable unless you really look closely. It is enough lean, however, to keep the water from pooling all the way to the house side of the pan.

Reply to
Abe