wind in the fireplace insert

Hello,

i'm having trobles with my fireplace insert. I'm having a quite tall chimney and from some reason, there's no top or bottom damper in the chimney. When's a windy weather, it makes very unpleasant noise in the fireplace inseft, i hear the wind very loud.

How this can be solved please ?

Matt

Reply to
matt

Instal a damper between insert and chimney.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

I was having trouble with street noise and pigeon cooing noise coming from my fireplace chimney. It was quite annoying especially at night. I put in a chimney balloon to buffer the noise and it has helped quite a bit. It seems to have stopped some of the cold air passage as well. I also put out some of those pigeon spikes near the top of the chimney but that didnt deter the little flying rats.

Reply to
German Jerry