Why do people rev up petrol strimmers?

It's worse when it's only a second, every other second.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So why not leave it on full revs? Why "rest" it for one second inbetween bits you're cutting?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Last time I used a chainsaw I forgot to oil it. The chain snapped and flew a considerable distance.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why not leave it revved up?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I use all types on full power continuously. I'm not objecting to the speed they get up to (they need that to cut). I'm objecting that people keep giving them a 1 second "rest" inbetween each little cut.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why don't you? Because you saw his reply. Your killfile sux.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A battery pack is just a pile of several cells. Buy the cells.

I had a petrol leaf blower that lasted for one use. I couldn't start it the second time. On cylinder ffs, useless.

I have an Epson and have had Brother. Both of those have fake cheap cartridges available, especially Brother. And I got a continuous ink system for my Epson now, I just fill 100ml tanks every so often. £1 for 100ml is a lot less than £2 for a 15ml fake cartridge.

Only Iphones don't let you just take them apart.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

At my work, the janitors bought a DeWalt (you'd think quality?) cordless drill, top of the range. One of the batteries wouldn't work. I opened it and soldered a wire back on that hadn't been done properly and had fallen off. I guess that's how fires start in transporting batteries.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But they all know someone who does.

It's actually a very easy task. Usually just an array of cells in honeycomb formation with tabs, soldered to each other.

Not in my experience. I've created a battery for a third of the price. And I know the cells in it are good ones and not Chinese shit.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Solder works fine.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Which makes them brick themselves and you lose everything.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I usually have to sand them first, then the solder gets a grip.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Commander Kinsey

It came from the same website you used.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It still shows Apple are a bunch of f****ng criminals.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Li Ion is a pretty standard thing.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Easy for a device to tell how full one is. They use the same chemistry.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Since they use the same chemistry, it should be able to tell. How is it reacting to charge/discharge compared to when it was installed (and assumed new) for example.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You can see it getting weaker with age and work out when it will die. You can do that yourself, a computer would find it easy.

It's the storage capacity that decreases with time.

It doesn't really matter. You watch how it weakens over time from when you got it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They are in my experience. They just wear out faster, and start with a lower capacity.

Why do yourself what can be done for you. The whole point of a computer is to assist you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey