Who makes "Hi-Y" wire nuts ?

I've obtained some yellow colored wire nuts that have the words "Hi-Y" and "22-10" in small letters on the top. I would like to know who manufactured them so I can look up what the minimum and maximum number of wires of a given size they will hold.

I do know that Ideal Industries' red colored wire nuts have the words "BUCHANON" and "B2" in small letters on the top, so I don't think mine are made by Ideal.

Made by Thomas & Betts go to

search on Cat# 10-602-H

Reply to
Reed

Thanks for responding. My initial search produced nothing so that's why I posted the question. Later I dug deeper and found this gem:

On page 10 I found my answer and capacity comparisons with several manufacturers of 3 syles of wire connnectors. I was surprised to see that 3M's yellow "Scotchlok-Y" and "Q/B" did NOT have the capacity to hold three #12 wires.

Sorry, wrong page. Try this:

I think both refs are useful.

However, I would like to know if the color scheme is standardized by the various manufacturers ???

Reply to
Vince

The answer to that is on page 10 of 34PCONN.pdf