White buildup on hotwater tank hot water pipe

Hey guys. Still working on my crappy hot water pressure. I was looking at my hot water tank. On the Hot water pipe coming out of the water heater, is this white buildup. It almost looks like the calcium deposits you see on shower heads, or the corrosion build up you would see on a battery cable in a car that hasn't been kept up. It extends about 5" up from the water heater itself. It does not cover the entire pipe. Any idea what this is? Could it be the cause of my crappy hot water pressure?

Reply to
clevere