Which Trex is Best?

Is there a difference between these wood-plastic composite lumber products like Trex, and if so which is preferred. If not, which is cheapest and where do I buy it?

jim

Reply to
jim evans

Consumer reports did a review a while ago, as well as Fine Homebuilding magazine. good places to start your research.

Reply to
Jack

One major difference between the brands is whether they can mount on joists that are 16" on center, or need 12" on center. Trex IIRC requires 12". I did find one brand locally that used 16", this was quite important for me since I was using the existing deck structure (which was 16" O/C). If you are building all new, 12" just adds a few extra joists which may not be that big a deal.

Most of the rest is up to you, what you want for finish, texture, colors, etc.

Reply to
Andrew Duane

Thanks. Based on your lead, I've now located the Consumer Reports article.

jim

Reply to
jim evans