Which of these is a better free leaf blower (faster speed or

100MPH 385CFM 24-Volt turbine (Sun Joe 24V-JB-LTE) 140MPH 560CFM 48-Volt cordless (Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500-CT) 155MPH 388CFM 48-Volt electric (Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143CT tool only)

They are all free ($50 off from my electric company) so price is equal. But I'm not sure how to choose between them.

I'm just getting it because I get $50 off whatever I get so if I pick something that's about $50, it's free to me so why not get it.

They have $50 off lawn mowers too but they're $150 so they're not free if I get them, so I'm looking at the leaf blowers for free.

But which is the best deal and how do I choose between them? I've never used a leaf blower (I rake with a leaf rake).

Do you care more about voltage or cubic feet per minute or wind speed?

Reply to
Bugsy

At that price, all of the above are tool only. That means you need to buy an expensive battery if you don't have one now.

You need to care about what you are going to do with the blower.

None of those blowers would be of any use to me because I need something much more powerful.

My advice is figure out what you are going to use it for first.

Reply to
Dan Espen

What makes you say that? If you check Amazon there are Sun Joe about the same price with battery.

Ed Pawlowski

Best deal is don't rake and don't blow. Just mow the lawn and it chops up the leaves and they disappear into the spaces between the grass. There they fertilize the lawn.

Blowers make an infernal racket that bothers all the neighbors and probably bother's the person's family and himself. Some people even wear ear protectors which are themseves uncomfortable and still some of the noise gets through.

Reply to
micky

48 cordless if you live where it might lightly snow.
Reply to
Thomas

Oh, and what is Tool Only on the electric? Does it not come with leaves?

Reply to
Thomas

I don't know about the first 2 for sure. The third one specifically says tool only.

The one in your link is 200 CFM. Even less power.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I didn't notice the "tool only" where I only know what they published.

You get $50 off anything you can find on that list but I didn't want to spend money because I just wanted to get the best for free.

The leaf blowers are here.

The lawn mowers are here.
They will give me $50 off so all I was looking for was something for free.

If I have to buy a non-standard battery and a non-standard battery charger, then what good is it for the environment for them to tout this as "green?"

Maybe this is just a political game if I have to buy non-standard batteries, which will pollute in the end analysis more than they save?

Reply to
Bugsy

I think the question is still valid if I should care more about the wind speed or the wind volume?

If you have to choose between wind speed and wind volume, which is better?

Reply to
Bugsy

Check the finer print. The 140 is 99 bucks with 50 off. You are gonna be whacked for 49 plus goodies. That is how I see the deal.

Reply to
Thomas

Thank you for your advice. I think _none_ of them will, in the end, be free as it seems like a gimmick to sell batteries and battery chargers instead.

But the main question remains unanswered which is, for general use, what's a better tradeoff in terms of what you might generally do with them?

What's a minimum CFM to ask for in terms of what a leaf blower does? What's a minimum Wind Speed to ask for in terms of a leaf blower?

Reply to
Bugsy

You have to decide what you are going to use the thing for.

I move lots of leaves each fall. I need something that can pick up large piles of leaves and move them. I shopped for and bought around

300MPH.
Reply to
Dan Espen

My experience is that those batteries can be rebuilt.

Many use 18650 Li-Ion batteries.

Andy

Reply to
AK

But there's my confusion because you didn't say the volume at all.

I'm sure 300 mph at a low CFM volume is not as useful as 300 mph at a high CFM volume.

What's a good wind speed and volume to look for in an average blower?

Reply to
Bugsy

Unless you have some kind of oddball blower, the 2 things go together. I shopped based on speed. If I saw a tiny opening on the business end I wouldn't have bought the blower but I've never seen such a blower.

Reply to
Dan Espen

My gas blower whatever it is has reverse to suck up the leaves and mulch them into a bag I strap on. Good shit.

Reply to
Thomas

You cannot beat a gas powered blower but maybe he is in CA and they are forbidden.

I considered a battery powered but settled for this corded blower:

12-Amp 400-CFM 250-MPH Corded Electric Leaf Blower Vacuum Kit Included

It is adequate for small usage and can suck up small piles of leaves.

Still I have a lawn service and they came in last fall to cut grass and in a few minutes with back pack blower cleared the front lawn of leaves blowing downhill into my bushes in back of the drive way. Would have take me at least a half hour with my corded blower.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Consumer Reports has them rated. Do you have a particular style in mind? Gas, electric, battery, etc. Sun doesn't appear in their ratings.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman