Which first, ceiling or wall?

I was able to determine that if the ceiling and walls are both drywall, then the ceiling should go up first, but what if the ceiling will be tile stapled to furring strips? Is there a proper sequence, and if so, why?

Bob

Reply to
rck

You do not TILE STAPLE a ceiling Have fun Bozo , Watch it FALL ,,,,,,....Bozeoooooo

Reply to
m Ransley

or yo a dipshit

Reply to
m Ransley

Manufacturer's installation instructions for ceiling tile: "When using wood furring strips, use three staples per side." Also another note in manufacturer's instructions, "Don't pay any attention to ransley. He's an idiot who couldn't put Tinker Toys together."

Bob

Reply to
rck

No you are an IDIOT , You did not say TILE . My tinkertoys last, Yours fall Down, I win

Reply to
m Ransley

I don't know that there is a "rule".

I would do the walls first as the tile is easier to cut and handle than the drywall. It is also more likely to need replacing in the shorter term.

Now if you want to avoid putting up a trim or crown molding you might consider doing the tile first; but keep in mind the potential replacement options and the hassle of finishing the crack at the top where the two meet. I was thinking and typing at the same time. Go with walls first.

Colbyt

PS: you are right about Ransley. I kill filed him a long time ago. Now I only see his posts when he is quoted.

Reply to
Colbyt

Ooops hit send while the mind was still thinking. Just wanted to say thanks. I've been looking at some of the lightweight tiles which will simplify installation. OK, walls first.

Bob

Reply to
rck