wheel barrel deflated tire

I have wheel barrel with a deflated tire and it is to the point that it is loose on the rim bit it is not punctured. It is relatively new and has always lost air periodically. Someone told me the bead? is not great on those tires and best option is to add a tube. Should I buy a new tire, am I able to reseal the existing tire, or is my best option to add a tube?

Much appreciated in advance

Reply to
gp

If you cinch a rope around the tire the long-way, and crank on it, you can probably get the tire to seal well enough to take air. I've always found that if I make sure the tire is fully maybe a little over) inflated after that, it will hold air.

YMMV

Reply to
Goedjn

I use a ratchet type nylon tie-down strap... My wheelbarrow tire leaks also, but it's a slow enough leak that it's never really a problem... Maybe top it off before I use it if it's been sitting for more than a week or so, but I've never had it come unseated once over the years... On the other hand, I've had a hand truck tire come unseated because I was moving my dog's water container with it... It's a 300 lb (empty) water container and I hadn't topped off the tires on it before attempting it... The tire that was a bit low popped off the rim...

Reply to
Grumman-581

OK I have to ask . . . . how big is your dog?

Reply to
Heathcliff

He's half German Shepherd, hald St. Bernard... It's basically an engineering challenge between what he can destroy / knock over and what I can buy / design / build... He likes to put his front paws in the water bowl and that tended to knock them over... The plastic water bowls were just considered chew toys by him... Eventually, I had to make one out of concrete and rebar... The sides and bottom are about

6" thick and it took 3.5 80# bags of concrete to make it... If I was doing it over, I would pour a small slab, have rebar sticking up along the edges, and do the perimeter with CMUs (cinder blocks) filled with concrete... I would also install a pipe at the bottom of the first row of CMUs with a valve on it so that I could drain the container... I would also plumb it so that water could come directly into it with no exposed valves -- probably have the valve near the house with just a straight pipe running out to the water container... My philosophy is that if you're going to engineer something, you might as well over-engineer it...
Reply to
Grumman-581

You probably already have a few water dishes like that in your house. Just leave the seat up and remember to flush.

:)

Reply to
Dan Espen

Nawh, they are too easy to break...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Sounds like a hell of lot of work to make a stock tank that Tractor Supply sells for a hundred bucks or so, last time I noticed.....

A dog that big isn't a dog anymore- that is livestock.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

i put a tube in mine and added a double dose of slime in the tube.. havent added any air for 3 years.did the same on my riding mower tires.. lucas

ds549

It cost me a lot less than $100 to make... The smallest that TS sells is 44 gallons at $67 and 2 ft wide by 4 ft long by 1 ft high... That's a bit larger footprint than I was wanting...

Perhaps, but he's very friendly livestock (i.e. he has *no* loyalty whatsoever -- a "smile at me, I'm yours" type of dog)... Very good with kids and not the least aggressive towards other dogs (even the small rat size ones)... He likes to chase ducks and if he manages to catch one and stop it, the duck doesn't tend to survive the encounter... He then looks at it and wonder why it doesn't want to play anymore...

Reply to
Grumman-581