What would cause bleeder to open on water valve?

The bleeder on my cold water valve under the sink decided to spontaneously(?) open and caused a bit of a mess. Luckily we were home to catch it. But my greater concern is why it happened. Is there anything that could cause it to open by itself? It wasn't wide open, just enough to leak.

Thanks, Damon

Reply to
damonl73

The bleeder on my cold water valve under the sink decided to spontaneously(?) open and caused a bit of a mess. Luckily we were home to catch it. But my greater concern is why it happened. Is there anything that could cause it to open by itself? It wasn't wide open, just enough to leak.

Thanks, Damon

Reply to
damonl73

maybe someone accidently bumped it?