What to use to prevent stepping on nails

Now, that's a terrific idea. Love it. Summer asphalt really can cook ones feetsies.
On 9/23/2013 7:49 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2013 1:11:46 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrote:

Go to any decent shoe store and ask for a pair of safety work boots with a metal plate to prevent punctures as well as steel toe caps. I have a pair in my closet now.
Harry K
On Monday, September 23, 2013 1:11:46 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrote:

****Not that I know anything about the subject <g> but what about using shoes that are elevated over 4 "cleats" in each corner of the sole. IOW, you're walking on very low "stilts".
HB
On Monday, September 23, 2013 at 3:11:46 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrot e:

Hi, you might want to think about some sturdy work boots that are insulated (to keep you cool) with a steel shank, and maybe think about ANSI cut rate d kevlar hockey socks. people think kevlar might work, and those socks are the real deal, but make sure it is rated at least 4, probably 5.
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 9:42:11 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
ote:

.

ed (to keep you cool) with a steel shank, and maybe think about ANSI cut ra ted kevlar hockey socks. people think kevlar might work, and those socks ar e the real deal, but make sure it is rated at least 4, probably 5.
It's a good thing that you offered him that option. The OP hasn't taken a step in 4 years due to his fear of stepping on nails. He can finally walk again. Hallelujah!
DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

i jumped off the backend of a truck and landed on a large nail once.
cut the board off and left the spike in my foot with the piece of board on it and went to the docs. got some good looks and conversations out of that in the waiting room.
wasn't much blood and it healed up without complications. the workboot they cut off my foot didn't fare so well...
songbird
On Monday, September 23, 2013 at 3:11:46 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrote:

Sorry I forgot about this before mentioning the kevlar socks, but get redwing boots with their puncture-resistant feature. other companies may have the same thing, and this is literally its purpose, to protect against sharp hazards underfoot.
On Monday, September 23, 2013 at 3:11:46 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrote:

here is the link to PR boots http://www.redwingshoes.com/footwear/filter-puncture-resistant