What to use to prevent stepping on nails

On 9/23/2013 11:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrote: ...

That's kinda' what I figured and why I asked -- too late now, unfortunately, but just a really bad decision to not wear appropriate footgear for the job...

Glad to hear it didn't turn out any worse than it did...

Reply to
dpb

Go to any decent shoe store and ask for a pair of safety work boots with a metal plate to prevent punctures as well as steel toe caps. I have a pair in my closet now.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

****Not that I know anything about the subject but what about using shoes that are elevated over 4 "cleats" in each corner of the sole. IOW, you're walking on very low "stilts".

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

On Monday, September 23, 2013 at 3:11:46 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrot e:

Hi, you might want to think about some sturdy work boots that are insulated (to keep you cool) with a steel shank, and maybe think about ANSI cut rate d kevlar hockey socks. people think kevlar might work, and those socks are the real deal, but make sure it is rated at least 4, probably 5.

Reply to
nwells432

ote:

ed (to keep you cool) with a steel shank, and maybe think about ANSI cut ra ted kevlar hockey socks. people think kevlar might work, and those socks ar e the real deal, but make sure it is rated at least 4, probably 5.

It's a good thing that you offered him that option. The OP hasn't taken a step in 4 years due to his fear of stepping on nails. He can finally walk again. Hallelujah!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

i jumped off the backend of a truck and landed on a large nail once.

cut the board off and left the spike in my foot with the piece of board on it and went to the docs. got some good looks and conversations out of that in the waiting room.

wasn't much blood and it healed up without complications. the workboot they cut off my foot didn't fare so well...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Sorry I forgot about this before mentioning the kevlar socks, but get redwing boots with their puncture-resistant feature. other companies may have the same thing, and this is literally its purpose, to protect against sharp hazards underfoot.

Reply to
nwells432

here is the link to PR boots

nwells432