What sort of outlet pressure can a sump-pump generate?

Just how big is this rain barrel? A barrel in my world is usually 55 gallons. It's about waist high and maybe a couple feet in diameter. The definition gets a little loose after that. The words tank and barrel are sometimes used interchangeably.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Something there does not compute. Intuitively it sounds way off. So, in my head, a barrel is ~ 3ft diameter? That gives an area of ~2.25 x 3 = 6 sq ft. Call it 5 sq ft. 20ftx20ft is 400 sq ft. Which is 80 times the area of the barrel. The barrel is about 4 ft high,

50 inches. Reduce 50 inches of water height by a factor of 80 and you have about 5/8" of water over 400 sq ft. Yes?
Reply to
trader_4

Which is an example of why I questioned looking at sump pumps. The OP said watering including a sprinkler. Typical sprinkler is expecting ~50 PSI.

Not likely to work for a sprinkler IMO.

Reply to
trader_4