What's up with this group?

Either no one can help, no one wants to try or everyone is busy reading all those paranoia posts. No one has offered any ideas or suggestions for resolving my Payne furnace problem. I posted it over 24 hours ago. If any one might be interested yet, I'd be interested in hearing from you. The post is on the 24th with subject: Pain Furnace, er I mean Payne. Thanks, I hope! Kayle

Reply to
kaylebrowne

Patience patience PATIENCE!! LOL,,jus kiddin... Try this group,,They specialize..

Dean

Hi Kyle,

Sorry, I wish I could help you but I'm not familiar with this product line (nor am I all that knowledgeable about the inner workings of gas and oil furnaces in general). Hopefully someone who is can offer you a hand.

For those who may have missed it, it might be helpful to repost your original message in its entirety.

Good luck! Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

You don't pay us enough. Why not try asking on alt.hvac ? More pros over there likely to have the right answer.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It is probably sensing that the gas flow is insufficient to support the flame, so it shuts down the main valve. I had one lately do exactly this behavior, and it turned out that there was large amounts of water condensing inside the gas line and settling in a low spot. The gas flow was reduced by bubbling through what was effectively a liquid trap. Drained the water, had to shut the power off and back on so the computer gadget would reset, and then everything was back to normal. There could be other reasons, though, for reduced gas flow.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

You do realize that the people here do not work for you, right? If someone feels like answering your question, then they will do so.

Reply to
Greg

You are a very wicked man Edwin. Telling the poor girl to go swimming in shark infested waters. Shoosh!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to
kaylebrowne

Careful though...............they can be a mean bunch.

Reply to
tom

Reply to
kaylebrowne

Here is the original post:

This ol' furnace has been acting up for a month or so. It's a Payne, but I can not find the model number, nor do I know how old it is. The red light is doing a 3/4 blink sequence and everything works up to the

burner staying on. The fan ends up blowing coolish air for a minute or so, then the whole thing starts over again and eventually after several attempts the burner stays on and warm air gets blown. Tonight this went on for over an hour without any heat being made, so I shut it all down. Any ideas? Should I try restarting it? There is no gas odor, but is there still a risk? I have plenty of warm woolies to put on, but their kinda scratchy and company is due Saturday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Kayle

Reply to
kayle

Kayle-

Check Edwin's posting history before you jump to conclusions........

You've got a fair number of replies (to the 2nd post) but realize the "silence" can come from all sorts of reasons.

I didn't reply to your first post because I'm not a furnace fixer & had nothing constructive to offer. :(

btw 24 hours is not all that long to get an answer

you can have it:

fast, cheap or good......pick two

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Nasty.... :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Check again, I see one response to your original post and it was less that 24 hours. I wonder if the news server you are using is not getting all the messages or getting them quickly.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Also I did'nt think about the possibility that this time of year,,posting a furnace question,,,Kayle might have ice hanging from the old boo boo wich could cause a bit of impatience! Mean bunch? How's that? Do they give people crap for working on their own furnaces? I posted a ? there months ago and got a possible answer.. Dean

Reply to
Dean

One problem is you're posting via Google Groups - that's a no-no.

GG can take over three days to propagate posts and responses.

Use a real (i.e., not web-based) news reader. Outlook Express, which you already have, will work quite well.

Reply to
HeyBub

Maybe some folks prefer a vintage _wine_. Note absence of "h". No reason to get puckered-up about people not living up to your expectations.

At least you'll get much better than you paid for, and you will make meaningful contribution(s) going forward, won't you?

Your dumping on Ed is an indicator. Sense of humor is a +.

barry

posting via Google Groups - that's a no-no.

(Posted via Google Groups) Let's see how long this takes, HeyBub. Tom

Reply to
tom

Reply to
kayle

Welcome to usenet. You have absolutely no guarantees of getting an answer at all, let alone a quality answer. Considering what you pay for the service, any reasonable sort would find that perfectly understandable. Coming here with demands for a particular level of "customer service" will generally be met with hostility due to the aforementioned cost of this service.

Free speech and free will reigns supreme here; if someone wants to make baseless accusations about the sexual preferences of your mother's uncle's brother's best friend's lemur in response to a perfectly innocent question, they will. If they want to ignore you completely, they will. If they want to give you bad advice, they will. If they want to give you a piece of advice that could kill you, they will. There is nothing you can do about it. That is how usenet works. Complaining only brings more stones and arrows. If you're lucky, people will just "plonk" you, or put you on their ignore list.

Reply to
mkirsch1