what rust-resisant chemicals/application to apply to rusty copper pipe?

Hi,

I noticed that some of joints of copper pipe start turning "green" and copper becomes rusty. Could I find any rusy-resistant chemicals/application to be used to apply on the surface of the joints to prevents futher rusting? thx

Reply to
wenmang

bamboo

copper turns green naturally, as long as there isnt a leak just forget about it.

if your really bugged use copper cleaner wipe well remove ALL cleaner and paint with clear acrylic. it will stay shiney.

you prepping a home for sale?

Reply to
hallerb

If you are really bored, you can clean your copper pipes really good with a brillo pad, or something, then hit them with brasso, then wax them to keep them looking shiny. I've made some very old coper pipes look like new that way. I don't recommend this to anyone who does not have a great deal of patience or free time.

Reply to
scott21230

I am not bored actually. The reason I am asking is that the joints are behind of wall(shower pipe connections) and are not visible unless I open the dry wall door. I am worried that one day it will leak without notice and cause the damage of the cellings. By Apply some pretection coating may cause them last long if not forever.

Reply to
wenmang