what product to use?

I've got a threaded shaft stuck in a socket it screws into. The socket is in a plastic house which encloses a small, solid state circuit board.

I need to get the shaft unscrewed. The shaft seems to have a nickel or chrome plating on it. The socket looks to be aluminum or stainless. No obvious signs of corrosion, but the shaft doesn't want to come loose with moderate torque from my wrench. Heat and mechanical shock are out because of the circuit board.

Looks like I'm going to have to chemically loosen the joint. What's the best product to use for this type situation?

Reply to
RB

Vice-grip onto whatever it is that you're calling "socket." Then a few more ounce-inches. Try turning in both directions to give lube a better chance to work.

Then maybe drilling out all but the threads, and ez-out.

barry