What plastic/rubber goes on the bottom of boot heels?

I went to a shoemaker who charges $30 to put two pieces of whatever that black rubber/plastic is that goes on the bottom of my wife's boot heel.
Can't I get the stuff, in bulk, somewhere and just glue it on?
Do you know what the stuff is?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.