What kind of snake?

Yesterday while cleaning out the mulch pile I found a bunch --about 12-- small snakes. They were about 10-12 in. long and very pale;almost tranaparent. They could wiggle real fast and I think non venomous. I wonder what kinda snake it is?

Reply to
herbwhite59

A picture would help but baby snakes seldom look like their parents.

Reply to
gfretwell

Search for snakes in your state -- Snakes of XXX

"Almost all vipers have keeled scales, a stocky build with a short tail, and due to the location of the venom glands, a triangle-shaped head distinct from the neck. The great majority have vertically elliptical, or slit-shaped, pupils that can open wide to cover most of the eye or close almost completely, which helps them to see in a wide range of light levels. Typically, vipers are nocturnal and ambush their prey."

Reply to
Oren