What kind of paintings go well in a dining room?

Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

Reply to
dean

I have a really elegant picture of some dogs playing poker in my DR. Got tired of the velvet Elvis.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I think I would like something even more elegant than that! Possibly anyway

Reply to
dean

Paintings that you like to look at.

Unless you're designing the dining-room to impress someone else, in which case, paintings that THEY like to look at.

Reply to
Goedjn

Keane. Cougat.

If that doesn't work for you, you should find something to your liking here:

Luke

Vargas Girls...

Reply to
G Henslee

You can't go wrong with dogs playing poker or a Velvet Elvis......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Seriously, I think a nice landscape or something peaceful like a still life painting of fruit or flowers or a combo...with mellow colors that add to the feeling of the room, would be good.

How about going to a local art show, or a gallery in your area. See which art makes you feel good and would add to the ambiance of the dining room. Then help that artist out by buying an original, or a print:), and take it home. Feel free to ask the person selling the art to help you by giving the color of the rug and the room etc. They can help alot. Then hang it so one can see the whole thing at eye level, while standing. You want to enjoy it.

with aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

Not sure about that, don't forget about velvet tigers...

Reply to
George

Actually, I prefer Velvet Revolver....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

You should go with your own taste I would think. Maybe that's the dog prints or the velvet Elvis.

Maybe you don't really want paintings, but just prints. You can find them at many places for good prices. Black and white or colored photos can look good. Also, framed mirrors.

In my dining room I have a large old mirror with hooks to hang hats on (Mission style), an old black and white photo from an ancestor's schoolroom and a colorful painting I made. Other than the clock and plants in the windows, that is all. It all goes with the old oak farmhouse table.

Reply to
karen

On Sat 18 Jun 2005 10:11:17p, karen wrote in alt.home.repair:

That depends a lot on the dining room as well as your personal taste. Landscapes and still lifes are nice and almost always appropriate. Abstract art might be nice in a very modern room. Mirrors are lovely but should not be hung in a location or at an angle where a diner can see themselves eating.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Take some pics of your slutty girlfriend. Everyone can lose their appetites. You'll save on your food bill.

Reply to
hektik8

Apparantly not many sleepers here.

Reply to