What did the signs mean?

24 if you count the steering and fifth wheel.
Reply to
bubba

Interesting. I just went there and tried that search, together with similar searches and low and behold, the results are very different than just a couple weeks ago. This problem has existed for years. I go there a few times a year and have seen the poor search results almost every time. The 18mm metric wrench search I just did a couple weeks ago and as I said, it came back with all kinds of crap, SAE, sockets, God knows what.

Funny thing too, during that visit I got asked to do a survey. I did, told them they sucked, and pointed out the search problem. Hard to believe they fixed it in the last two weeks, but it sure is working OK now. I tried a few other searches that I had similar problems with recently, like E12 torx socket and now that produces good results too. It's not like I could be do something wrong, back then the same search on Ebay for example or google produced the targeted, expected results. But the good news is that it appears to be fixed.

Reply to
trader_4

The company I worked for had a Walmart contract for a while, so I've been to a few. Most weren't too bad but you had to know where you're going. There are two Walmarts locally. Each has a couple of ways in that are not a problem and one way that sucks. When you're pulling a 53' trailer you get to know what's possible.

The company lost the contract eventually. With Walmart, it's strictly pennies per mile. Even their own fleet has to bid for runs against outside trucking companies. If you're an outsider, you can be sure your number when loading at a distribution warehouse is LAST.

Not one of my favorites. I brought a load of mattresses to a Sam's Club. It was going to take some time for them to unload the truck. I carried a bicycle on the truck so I decided to go for a ride. Discovering I had a flat I was going to buy a new tube. Wrong! No Sam's Club card, no courtesy pass to buy a tube. Fortunately the neighboring strip mall had a bicycle shop.

Walmart is known to be RV friendly. A few years back someone made a movie about RVers that essential trek from Walmart to Walmart, camping in the parking lot.

rbowman

at sams and presumably costco if you have a friend with a membership and they will loan you their card, you can use it at the self checkout and gas pumps. since no one checks to see if your face matches the one on your card

Reply to
bob haller