[SOLVED] Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut (2024 Update)

I have never cut tile myself, but i once watched a guy doing it and he put masking tape on the cut mark. He put the mark on the tape and cut thru the tape. I think the purpose was to reinforce the tile, but I'm not sure. Maybe he was just making it easier to see the mark. But why not try it. Grab some scrap tiles and give it a shot. The blade will cut thru the tape easily. so it cant hurt to try.

Reply to
Bud

replying to Sam Hill, Yme wrote: Information here has been very helpful and its 2018 approaching 2019. Thank you

Reply to
Yme

replying to Sam Hill, Solitarytaco wrote: Other people read this to get tips 12 years later. Chill the %&@# out

Reply to
Solitarytaco

thank you for participating in the home-owners-hub.com click-bait program.

Reply to
devnull

Thank all for taking the time to post advice! Still helpful in 2021.

Reply to
Leonet

I actually just found this post, FIFTEEN YEARS after the question was asked and the solutions were helpful and I’m going to try them out! However, the thought of someone sitting in front of a tile saw, for a decade, waiting for a proper response… for some reason that amuses me beyond comprehension 😂

Reply to
Abigail

Thank you I am one of those people who did a search who is having the same issue right now with chipping, and I am here reading your posts, so thank you

Reply to
Mark

Make a short cut - more like a notch - where the cut will end then make the cut back to that point - no break!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Your reply is spot on--in all respects. I am seeing this 7years later and yes, Sam Hill is a jerk :-).

Reply to
Kathstew