Wesinghouse vs. Reem

I have a contractor that offers good service and he offered me two different systems, one as Westinghouse and one a Reem. The price differential will be around $300-$600 for a similar spec system (2.5 ton/80% efficiency furnace). Is it worth the extra money to buy the Reem?

Thanks, John

Reply to
Max Cohen

Where do you live, what are your heating bills, what Zone? Why are you not looking at 94.5% efficient furnaces. It`s called investment-pay back = intelligence. Unless you live way south where heating is needed only a month a year or so than I understand. But up North here we go broke paying the gas heat every winter.

Reply to
m Ransley

Look at the support the wholesaler gives the contractor.

Our local Fridgidaire dist came up gangbusters on startup, but could not support their contractors. The people that had their stuff installed are possibly in trouble....

Reply to
HeatMan

This is Turtle.

Comparing a Westinghouse with a Rheem is like comparing a Yugo with a Rolles Royce . I'm not saying the price difference make me any difference at all but I would rather have a Rheem if I could afford it. I sell different brands in my hvac business but with a choice of a westinghouse or a Rheem. Rheem would win hands down.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE