Weird Electrical Happenings -- Any Ideas?

For the last 3 mornings, between 6 and 6:30 a.m., some of my lights flicker and the TV goes off and back on. I'm at a loss as to what is causing it. It only happens once each morning. I have nothing on any sort of timer that would be coming on, and there isn't any pattern about what other appliances are running. For example, I'm not switching on a huge power saw or anything, not even any small appliances. Everything that is already running (lights, TV, heat) gets turned on around 4:30 a.m., so they've already been running for awhile before the flicker. I am completely puzzled. Any ideas? I would really appreciate some!

Reply to
Stu Redman

Could be caused by a neighbor. Give the utility a call; might be their problem...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Any of your neighbors having problems?

Reply to
Michael O

Do you have many neighbors and are you all sharing a common transformer? If so, do a few of them have electric heat that happens to kick on about

6:00am? Is the transformer old and electrical growth from each connected house grossly grown since it was installed?

A call to your power company may be in order.

-- Mark Kent, WA

Reply to
Mark or Sue

"Mark or Sue"

Agree.

We had a problem a few years ago. The power company said that they change the output in anticipation of industry starting up in the morning. Of course it would not affect me, even though I verified voltage readings up to 140 at certain times.

Although the person from the electric company said it was not their fault and it could not happen, it never did after that call. What a co-incidence that they also happened to do some work at a substation about two miles from me later that day. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

I live on a farm, and a few months ago the power would go off for about one minute at I:00 am, then come back on. Of course it caused my clocks and everything to need resetting. I called the electric company and they said the power switches (something) at midnight, but said it should change so fast that it not be noticable. After my call, the problems stopped. Later on I figured out that 1:00 am (during daylight saving time) was midnight. Something must have been sticking.....??? I never heard back from them, but they fixed it.

Reply to
genepitley

Stu Redman Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

Does it happen to the neighbors too? If so you, like me, live near some industrial park and they're starting something up at that time...

7:00am on the nose here...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Did'nt have nothing to do with it :>) thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
Tony D.