Weil-McClain gas boiler- Gold CGa

I just had a Weil-McClain Gold CGa gas boiler installed to replace an older boiler. Does $4500 sound reasonable for the job?

Unfortunately, the Weil-McClain is not Energy Star compliant, but if I save on the gas bill this winter, I'll be happy.

Reply to
Toasty

Nope, you got screwed. It should have only cost $995.00

Reply to
Bubba

Look at a Munchkin high efficiency boiler. even by the time you buy all the other stuff you nedd, it will cost less than a weil-mclain and it's 95.1% efficient. Hell thats nearly free!

Kathy

The Munchkin is only 92% efficient. Its in the .pdf you pointed to.

The Weil-McLain is 92 - 93.3% efficient depending on size and up to

98.1% in low temp application.

The Lochinvar Knight boiler is up to 93% efficient. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba