WD-40

If you have to ask why...

But if you DID burn your thumb, you could repair most of the damage with your manicure set and small bottle of clear nail polish, which should be next to the hair dryer in your kit.

Reply to
HeyBub

I'll have you know that the only nail polish in my toolbox is RED, and that's used for coloring #57 bulbs because 57Rs don't seem to be widely available anymore...

...aw, hell, I'm not going to win this one, am I?

nate

(I still say that a heat gun/hair dryer is a handy tool. And if you met me, you'd see right quick that I have no use for one for my hair...)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

They stopped using propane as a propellent in WD-40 years ago.

Reply to
salty

that particular example only covers two centuries.

Reply to
Steve Barker

disregard previous reply. reading in order here...

Reply to
Steve Barker

why would you need a red bulb?

Steve Barker

You might. That business about using nail polish to color bulbs is, well, what can I say, inspirational.

A heat gun is a handy tool. A hair dryer is for effete pompadours.

Reply to
HeyBub

Hi, The dryer works well with heat shrinking sphagettis.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

And sanitary napkins work well for waxing the car, nail files can clean A/C relay contacts, hair curlers can be used to wind string, and purses can be used to carry your stuff.

Next we'll see lilac-scented WD-40 and frilly curtains on the shop's windows!

As that great American said: "Don't be a dis-grace to the man-race!" Say NO to hair-dryers!

Reply to
HeyBub

But he would be well lubricated.

Reply to
Bob

150 years is 1.5 CENTURIES [note use of plural form]
Reply to
mkirsch1

not with WD-40 he wouldn't have been. WD-40 is not a lubricant.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Factory equipment for dashboard lights on '64 Studebakers. Instead of using a red filter, they simply specified red bulbs for the instrument backlighting.

I've also tried the little Auto Meter "bulb condoms" and they are a more elegant solution, but you have to remember to order them.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Get a spray can of Candy Apple Red at your local hobby store. It is more translucent than nail polish. I use it to paint a spotlight bulb for Christmas decorating. .

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

Maybe so, but it's well-lubricated rust.

Reply to
HeyBub