Water Pressure Tank

I recently bought a pressure tank for my water system at the cottage. It seems that the tank is not filling with water. The instructions for the tank are kind of poor. Is there something I have to do to the tank before it will work properly? Do I have to break a seal at the opening or adjust the pressure in the tank?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Megladon

The tank I recently bought at Sears came precharged (with air) for a pump system running 40 pounds cut in and 60 pounds cut off. To use it with my pump which is set for 20 pounds cut in and 40 pounds cut off, I had to reduce the precharge to 20 pounds, which the instructions said to do. I believe that pump pressure gauge/cut off switches come in 20/40, 30/50, and

40/60 depending on the design of the pump. To adjust, drain all water out of the tank first and then with a good tire gauge adjust the pressure at the top tire valve to the cut in pressure of your pump. Of course this assumes you have a well, aren't on city water, and bought a tank with the internal air bladder. By the way, if your pump had an air line that was to add air to the old tank, you have to disconnect and plug that. No air is to be added to a tank with an air bladder by the pump itself.
Reply to
Tom

I will give it a try. Thank you very much.

Reply to
Megladon