Water pressure low in kitchen

The water pressure in our kitchen faucet has dropped to a little more than a trickle, but is fine in the bathrooms and laundry room. I think it may have been happening gradually over a period of time up until finding it at this very low level this morning.

Any ideas what would be causing this and how to diagnose the problem?

Thanks.

Reply to
postacct

Did you take off the airator on the faucet yet

Reply to
ransley

Gee, that was easy. Guess I won't be showing my face around here again for awhile...

Reply to
postacct

It's a common problem that's often missed. I removed one for a friend who had little water flow at her kitchen sink and found a washer with a little government required 1/8 inch hole in it. Guess what happened when I violated federal law and removed that silly little restricting washer? It worked better!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hey, don't worry about it. It's so simple to miss the obvious. I've done it any number of times.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon